Friday, August 21, 2015

Speeders and other Traffic Complaints

We occasionally get complaints form residents about speeding vehicles and other traffic complaints. When we get a complaint, we log it and pass it on the the California Highway Patrol.  We do this because they are the Law Enforcement agency tasked with traffic enforcement in our area.

One of the best way to keep them engaged and in the "loop" is to call them directly.  If you have a concern about speeding vehicles or other types of traffic violations that you see on a day to day basis, give them a call.  Below is the number that you can call- and the address of the local CHP office.  Please note- it it is something occurring right now, or a drunk driver, call 911.
CHP "Oceanside" Area Office
435 La Tortuga Dr, Vista, CA 92081


Sheriff's You Are Not Alone Program

From the Sheriff's Department:
Today is National Senior Citizens Day to recognize America's seniors and the role they play in our communities.

The Sheriff's Department would like to honor its nearly 600 senior volunteers. They donated nearly 170,000 hours last year performing various duties at stations and substations.

Sheriff's Senior Volunteer Patrol members oversee a safety program called You Are Not Alone or YANA. We want our elderly and disabled residents to know they are never alone. YANA members get daily telephone calls and a weekly visit from Sheriff's Senior Volunteers year-round. If no one answers repeated calls or knocks on the door, emergency medical help may be summoned. Some stations and substations offer birthday, Easter, and holiday season visits with gift baskets.

For more information on the program or how you can volunteer,